The San Carlos Villagers were formed in April 1949 to preserve the
history of San Carlos. The goal was to collect documents, photos and memorabilia that reflected
San Carlos' rich background and safe-guard it for the future. The Villagers compile, collect and
assemble letters, photographs, personal articles and relics of historical interest detailing the
The City Council appointed the Villagers as docents for the Museum in 1981, after the San Carlos
Lions Club gifted the renovated Museum Building to the city.
Any resident of San Carlos is invited to become a Villager. Active Villagers docent three
times a year at the museum. Associate Villagers have no docenting requirement.
Villagers have meetings on the 2nd Tuesdays in January, April, July, October and December.
These meetings are held at the Museum or local establishments.